June 25, 2019
Ok here’s the quick rundown:
- You should see a reassuring number zero in your Brave browser’s Shields dropdown or legacy browser-plus-adblocker.
- Or cookies (except the supposedly-harmless one mentioned below) and other such tricks.
- I use Cloudflare’s IPFS Gateway, which serves
this website from their CDN if you access it by the
- It seems like they add a cookie of their own supposedly for abuse prevention.
- I’m not sure if that means I should legally add the dreaded cookie “agree or… there’s no ‘or’, you have to agree’” annoyware. If you know more about this and you think I should, please let me know.
- If Cloudflare’s cookie bothers you, you can access this website via any IPFS gateway, like this: https://ipfs.io/ipns/agentofuser.com. You can replace “ipfs.io” with any gateway you want.
There’s an upside to Cloudflare though:
- They serve this website over a Tor onion service v3 by using an onion alt-svc header. So if you use the Tor browser to visit, you’re that much better off.
Written by Helder S Ribeiro (@agentofuser) who lives and works on 🌎 Earth building useful things. You can follow him on Twitter.