Turing completeness for all
June 25, 2019 · Last updated: August 07, 2019
Hi, I’m @agentofuser.
I’m a computer engineer working to bring the gift of computing to all through User Agency Design.
My current research is on maximizing the human upload bandwidth with #Keykapp🧢—an inclusive, predictive, and programmable keyboard for all.
I also have particular opinions about
which I want to validate and explore with Keykapp.
I believe everyone should have the power to adapt, improve, and automate their tools, and I have a feeling that #keyboardFirst design is a big part of making this power accessible to people who don’t write software professionally and people with disabilities.
Other open source work
- I’m the original author of ipfs-deploy ⭐, a zero-config command-line interface to deploy static websites to IPFS. It is recommended by the official Cloudflare IPFS Gateway docs and currently maintained by Protocol Labs.
Giving what I can
I donate at least 10% of my gross monthly income to charities and public-interest work. Among other things:
- I fund direct and unconditional cash transfers to people in need via GiveDirectly.
- I support the Open Privacy Research Society’s work on the Cwtch metadata-resistant, privacy-preserving messaging app.
- I support the Talon project for inclusive hands-free input.
- I donate to content creators and public-interest initiatives via Brave Tips.
Areas of interest
- Privacy / Consent
- The (D)Web Platform
- Async/Offline Interaction Design
- Bayesian Epistemology
I can be found around the internet at:
Written by @agentofuser who lives and works on 🌎 Earth building useful things. You should follow them on Twitter